Do you have valuable stock on your premises? Is your building out of public sight? Do you want the police to respond as fast as possible if your premises are broken into? How long would it take your business to recover following a break-in?
BT Redcare GSM doubly protects because it uses two secure signalling paths to your alarms receiving centre. If either is tampered wit by an intruder, or is faulty, the alarm receiving centre will be alerted and the relevant emergency services, or your authorised key holder, will be called.
How secure do you want to be?
Different types of alarm systems offer different levels of protection:-
- ‘Bells only’ – as the name suggests, this is no more than an alarm bell which will ring for up to 20 minutes and which may be ignored.
- Digital communicator – is where your alarm system is connects to an alarm receiving centre via a dedicated phone line. When an alarm is triggered, the alarm receiving centre receives notification and calls the relevant emergency service. A dedicated phone line is usually needed, meaning additional annual rental costs. Should this line be cut or get damaged it may not be immediately detected.
- Dual signalling paths – one of the most secure form of alarm monitoring available, provided by BT Redcare. It has the back- up of two paths and is capable of sending a ‘confirmed activation’ to ensure a response from the emergency services, even if the telephone line is cut or damaged.
Levels of Police response
Level 1 – Immediate response
All monitored alarm systems are initially assigned a Level 1 status.
Please note that Police response is ultimately determined by the resources which exist at the time a request for Police response is received.
If the Police are called to attend 3 false alarms in any 12 month period, the response will be reduced to a Level 3 status.
The Level 2 response has been discontinued by most Police constabularies.
No Police attendance unless offence witnessed – Keyholder response only.
Police will not attend a Level 3 alarm unless they are contacted by a witness to a crime taking place. Systems reduced to Level 3 status, due to false alarms, will remain at this Level until they have been free from false call-outs for a period of more than 3 months. They will only be reinstated to Level 1 after the system has been upgraded to meet the latest Police requirements. It is important to note that an alarm system reduced from Level 1 to Level 3 may affect insurance cover at the premises.
NB: EAGLE are SSAIB accredited intruder alarm system installers and eligible to receive level 1 Police response if it is maintained by an approved company (subject to URN).
Redcare Alarm Signalling Systems
Redcare provide a secure means of alarm monitoring and ensures signalling from your alarm system will never be compromised. We are a BT Redcare approved installer offering the complete range of Redcare products to protect homes and businesses. Features Essential, Essential IP, Essential Extra, Advanced, Advanced Extra and Ultimate.
Redcare Product Comparison
|Features||Essential||Essential IP||Essential Extra||Advanced||Advanced Extra||Ultimate|
|Primary path fault reporting time to ARC||60 mins||60 mins||30 mins||30 mins||3 mins||90 secs|
|Single or dual path||Single||Single||Dual||Dual||Dual||Dual|
|Number of SIMs||1||1||2||2||2||2|
|Openreach line needed||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Number of channels/inputs||8||8||16||16||16||16|
|Regradeable||No||No||No||Yes – to Advanced Extra||Yes – to Advanced||No|
|Extended format signalling||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports remote panel servicing (UDL)*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PD6662:2017, EN50131-1: Alarm systems compliant.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Reasons to Choose Redcare
- Provide security and fire safety around the clock
- Low maintenance costs – No additional expense for a dedicated landline nor call charges
- Dual-path signalling provide added security for alarm monitoring in home or business premises.
- Ability to deliver alarms even if one or both of the signalling paths are lost.
- Reliable and trusted alarm signalling, certified by the Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB)
- Preferred choice of insurers for alarm signalling in commercial premises.
- Part of BT, expert support is available 24/7
- 10-year guarantee for complete peace of min
We offer free no-obligation site survey and written quotation, quality installation at competitive price, parts and labour guarantee and a certificate of compliance.